Are you looking to start a career in accountancy? We have an opportunity to join, a well-established Accountancy firm, who are looking to recruit a Trainee Accountant. In this role you will receive on the job training and the opportunity to progress towards an accountancy qualification. This is an excellent career opportunity for an enthusiastic person to commence a career within Practice.
This role would ideally suit a some who loves variety in their workload as you will be working with clients from a variety of industries, allowing you to fine tune your technical skills whilst being exposed to a range of industry sectors across the Highlands area.
WHAT YOU WILL DO...
As a Trainee Accountant your main role will be the processing of day to day financial transactions for our clients into software systems such as IRIS, Xero, FreeAgent, Sage or Quickbooks and help keep their business up to date with live accounting information. Bookkeeping transactions include purchase & sales invoices, receipts and expense claims, and bank reconciliations. You will be someone who loves the job satisfaction of turning a bundle of paper into some thing orderly and accurate. We will also support you to learn how to prepare VAT returns, run payroll and prepare and file self assessment tax returns.
- Processing transactions onto cloud and other accounting software such as IRIS, Sage, Xero, FreeAgent and QuickBooks.
- Bank Reconciliation
- Preparation and filing of VAT returns
- Posting journal entries
- Payroll preparation
- Preparation of accounts and self-assessment returns.
- Answering client phone calls / emails and helping with queries
- Build and maintain professional working relationships with clients and other members of staff
- Reception duties, meeting and greeting clients.
TO BE SUCCESSFUL, YOU WILL NEED;
- A desire to develop career in Accountancy, previous accounting qualifications an advantage.
- Educated to SCQF Level 8, or equivalent experience
- Good IT skills: MS Office Suite and able to pick up new software quickly
- Strong numeracy skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Enjoy working as a team
- Organised and able to meet deadlines
The firm is open to applications from candidates that have already started studying accountancy qualifications and/or have some accounting experience.
- Competitive salary, depending upon any previous experience
- Blended working between home / office policy in place.
- Forward thinking company who embraces technology.
- The successful candidate will enjoy being part of firm that truly values their staff members’ personal and career development, where ACCA study support is available to progress to qualified status.
- Above average salary for the area with 30 days holiday per annum.
- Central location in heart of town, with good public transport links.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Recruitment Bee (Scotland) Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our clients, recruiting for permanent and fixed term contract roles and complies with the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.