Our prestigious client is the construction firm of choice for many local architects. Due to growth, we are recruiting for an Estimator /Buyer to join our team. We are keen to hear from experienced procurement professionals who are seeking to progress their career with a thriving, bespoke house building firm.
You will be joining a business who is far more than a house builder. A family run business specialising in high-quality, turn-key package solutions through to timber kit supply across the Highlands, Moray, Aberdeenshire, Argyll, and Islands of Scotland, taking care of the hassles and providing the personal touch for the individual home build experience.
It’s no secret, our family of clients are delighted to recommend us to their own friends and family. That alone speaks volumes. They will tell you our immersive design and build philosophy means we take care of all aspects of the build process. We are renowned for our attention to detail.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Reporting to the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for everything to do with cost-effective building, including quantity surveying, estimating, procurement and material buying.
With a watching brief on choice of material, cost, customer satisfaction and sales, and other critical issues. Your work is fundamental to our continued viability as a business and presents a fast-moving challenge that will exercise your creativity and commercial flair to the full.
- Preparing work to be estimated by gathering proposals, blueprints, and specifications
- Identify labour, materials, and time requirements based on the above
- Computing costs by analysing labour, materials, and time requirements
- Liaising and negotiating with consultants, sub-contractors, and clients
- Preparing estimates by assembling and displaying numerical and descriptive information
- Preparing special reports by collecting, analysing, and summarising information and trends
We offer our clients solutions, and “NO” is not in our vocabulary. Flexibility is also important to meet the needs of our customers. You may also travel, mainly across the Highlands but recommendation for our services has expanded through to Aberdeen and across to the Islands.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
- A BSc (or equivalent) in Quantity Surveying (Desirable) and PQS Experience preferred.
- CSCS Card
- Site Supervisor Safety Training (SSSTS) qualification
- Experience estimating in the construction industry on projects valued up to £1 million
- Knowledge of building regulations and other industry standards
- Interpretation of CAD drawings, inclusion of measurements
- Good experience using Word, Excel and Outlook
- Great attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong time management skills with the ability to prioritise.
- Flexible and positive approach to working hours and various locations throughout the North of Scotland and across to the Islands.
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- If you want to work with the finer things in life and the opportunity to focus on quality over quantity, then this is the role for you.
- Excellent salary, with above industry averages.
- Growing and progressive company with opportunities for career advancement.
Applicants should apply uploading CV to our Recruitment Manager, using link on advert.
Recruitment Bee (Scotland) Ltd acts as an Employment Agency for permanent and fixed term contract roles and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003.