Are you highly motivated, customer focused and interested in a career in IT?
Information Technology (IT) Services is a growth industry, and this is a fabulous opportunity for someone with a passion for IT, to join a small team as an IT Assistant, and while some experience is preferred, it is not essential.
You will be offered practical on the job training, within both a workshop & on-site scenario, servicing computer hardware and software (Windows & Mac based devices) as well as networking, telephony, and Internet based services
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will be the first point of contact with private and business customers, in person or on the phone, working between their busy Inverness and Dingwall workshops. This will involve good conversational and communication skills, accurate note taking, recording information in their bespoke in-house job management system, and keeping customers updated on on-going repairs.
On the job training will be provided, to help you increase your IT Engineering skills, where you will then be able to undertake remote assistance calls, general IT support, give advice and recommendations on hardware sales and workshop sales and services, Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace support, Windows and MacOS repairs, installations, and upgrades.
On-site visits with customers, both private and commercial, will also be required for computer, networking and VoIP telephone system support, setup, repairs, troubleshooting and diagnostics.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Full UK driving licence
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Basic knowledge of computer hardware and software
- Detail orientated
- Good customer service skills (written and verbal)
- Keen to learn and develop new IT skills
Experience in any of the following is desirable:
- Microsoft Windows Operating Systems
- macOS Operating Systems
- PC & Mac Hardware Upgrades / Repairs
- Computer Networking
- Microsoft 365
- Google Workspace
- Broadband Services
- Domain Names & Web Hosting
- Microsoft Office & Software
- Data Recovery
- Anti-Virus & Anti-Malware Solutions
WHY SHOULD YOU APPLY?
- As a small company with big ambition, providing a high level of customer service is at the heart of their success. They believe in providing the best solution to their customers and always strive to provide high quality repairs, service, and advice.
- This role will suit someone who is customer focused and willing to learn and grow with the team to help shape the way in which they do business. They offer a “one stop” approach to technology, which means you will have a very varied role within the company. The saying “no two days are the same” would describe them well.
- A company who values customer service and the ability to communicate well above any initial qualifications and experience.
- Salary negotiable depending on skills and experience, pay exceeds Scottish Living Wage, providing a pension contribution, tools, laptop, and vehicle expenses where appropriate.
- This is a full time, permanent position working Monday-Thursday 9am – 5.30pm and early finish on Friday working 9am – 4pm. Weekends and evenings are not expected or required, and any work undertaken outside normal hours would be at the discretion of the employee.
Closing date for applications is close of business on Sunday 31st October 21, however we reserve the right to close the advert early should volumes dictate.
Recruitment Bee (Scotland) Ltd acts as an Employment Agency for permanent and fixed term contract roles and complies with the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations Act 2003.