Are you someone who loves analysing data on month-by-month or year-on-year variances? Do you love to bring those figures to life with a backstory for the business? Then why not consider a role as a Management Accountant’s Assistant within a large finance team?
Providing support to the Management Accountant, the role will suit someone who is either Qualified or PQ Accountant or Business Analyst with a Finance background. A self-starter and analytical thinker who is process driven with the ability to think strategically.
What you’ll do
Working within the finance team, you will provide support in the following;
- Month-end close of the general ledger and processing of monthly journal entries such as depreciation, accruals and prepayments.
- Assist with Trial Balance & Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- KPI reporting, P&L variance analysis, Budget spend versus actuals, monthly management accounts, balance sheet reconciliations and query resolution.
- VAT Returns
- Work collaboratively with other departments, such as payroll, to help and support during peak periods or holidays.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- Educated to SCQF Level 9 in a relevant discipline, Accounting, Business, Finance or qualified by experience.
- Career path may include working within busy Finance or Accounts team or Financial Analyst background
- IT Skills, IFS, SAGE with Intermediate Excel Skills.
- Have an analytical and pragmatic approach
- Excellent communication skills liaising internally and externally on the telephone and in person with other team members and suppliers.
- Bring a proactive contribution to this team-orientated company.
Pay and Benefits
- Pay bracket £22K - £28K; flexibility for negotiation above this, depending upon experience.
- Fixed Term Contract - 12 months however may extend to 15 month with opportunities for full time, permanent role.
- Above average holiday allowance of 34 days + celebration day and Kings Coronation Day this year too!!
- Hybrid working and hot desking for all staff – remote working may be available.
- Employer pension, life assurance, and discounts on company products.
- Successful applicants will be based in modern, spacious offices in Moray, central to the town centre.
Recruitment Bee (Scotland) Ltd acts as a Recruitment Agency on behalf of our clients, recruiting for permanent and fixed-term contract roles and complies with the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.